SEMINARY FOR MISSIONARIES
A window open to the world
The Seminary commenced in 1994. Every year , its operation is the responsibility of the Office of the Outreach Mission of Apostoliki Diakonia of the Church of Greece . Meetings are open to all who are interested in attending and no prerequisites or restrictions are imposed. The Seminary takes place once a fortnight, always on a Saturday, at 18:00 hours, in the Press Hall of the Holy Synod, on Iasiou 1 Street, Athens .
The Seminary ' s basic goals:
- The systematic analysis of the elements and data of the contemporary Mission .
- Evaluating the ways of attaining evangelism in tandem with the shape social structures have in third-world countries.
- The intricacies which will determine the future of our missionary presence at an international level.
- The opportunity to probe , with our tradition as our axis , into our presence and testimony at places which transcend our country's boundaries.
- The effort to cultivate a missionary morale and ethos.
- Understanding personal and collective responsibility so that the Word of the Church may be incarnated throughout the peoples of the earth.
- Being on the alert to spread Christ's testimony in places where His name has never been heard before.
Lectures entail the following thematic segments:
- The Mission : Contemporary reality
- The Mission : Canonical Law
- Third-World Sociology
- The Mission: Theology
- The Mission : Historical Data
- The Mission : Hagiology
- Fundamental of Tropical Nosology
- African and Asian Ethnology
- The Mission : Practice and Methodology